Today I am going to tell you about building the development environment for Dot Net Developers. If you are going to build the new development environment to create the applications weather it is Web, Console, Mobile, Windows or any type of applications, there is a first question hits in our mind i.e. Which one needs to install first Visual Studio, SQL Server or SSMS?
So, this article is going to be perfect for you. Today we will discuss about which software needs to be installed first. We will cover below 2 important topics.
- Order of the software to install.
- System requirements for each software.
The order of the software to install one by one is that we should install the SQL Server first, then SSMS which stands for SQL Server Management Studio and then Visual Studio. So, the following order must be followed to build a development environment for the Dot Net Developers.
- First, we should install the SQL server.
- Then, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- And then, Visual Studio (VS)
There are multiple versions for each software. I have written the article to install the specific version for all three software. If you are a dot net developer and planning to build an environment for development, so I would highly recommend going through the each article and read carefully and follow the instructions to installed the each software without having any issues and problems.
To Install the SQL Server Developer Edition:
To Install the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS 18.9.1):
To Install the Visual Studio Community Edition 2019:
System Requirements for Visual Studio 2019:
- Your system must be Windows 10 version 1703 or higher.
- 64-bit system recommended; ARM is not supported.
- Quad-core processor.
- Minimum 8 GB of RAM.
- Minimum 100 GB of available space, depending on the feature installed.
- SSD is the best for VS2019, to improve performance.
- Administration rights are required to install the Visual Studio.
All the above requirements are mandatory as I have experienced personally. If you are missing any of the above requirements, it maybe you will face some issues in terms of compatibility or performance. The same requirements are mandatory for SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS 18.9.1).
Please comment if you have any concerns.
Happy Coding 😊!