If you’re looking for the best app for screen recording on Windows, look no further. We have prepared a list for you with the best software to record your screen easily.
Today, many activities require recording a computer screen. For example, if you are dedicated to doing tutorials or need live video registration or calls, the option is recording software. These applications are essential if you want to have a registry of what is happening on the desktop.
Whether you want to record videos from a website or make your own videos, you need a screen recording app. Of course, each of these apps offers different features and tools.
How to Choose the Best Screen Recording App?
When looking for an app to capture the screen, several aspects to consider. On the one hand, it is always convenient that the software is intuitive and easy to use, and it is also recommended to support keyboard shortcuts.
The best app for screen capture in Windows should allow annotations. This means that once the screen is recorded, you can edit and annotate the video. This is important if you want to emphasize an element or clarify a point. Also, the best apps for taking screenshots should be compatible with Picture-in-Picture recording. This means that you can record videos from your screen and webcam without problems.
Of course, the screenshot app should also provide you with support for exporting videos in different formats. The reason is obvious because you’ll want to see the screen recording on your phone or another mobile device. Without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Camtasia Studio
This is the top-rated app for screenshots on Windows. It is widely used for creating tutorial videos, recording meetings, YouTube videos, training videos, and more. The latest version is compatible with 64-bit processors and supports 4K video. Other impressive features include:
- Screen and audio can be recorded very clearly.
- It offers the option to record video from the webcam.
- You can add effects to screen recordings.
- Includes music and audio libraries to personalize recorded videos.
- Titles and annotations can be included in screenshots.
- There are also options to zoom in, pan, add transitions, and even create quizzes.
RecordCast is one of the best apps for screen recording, and you can easily edit videos too. This app stands out above many others for its simplicity, friendly interface, and lots of great options. Although it is worth noting that RecordCast has a flaw that is completely in English, it is not very complicated to deal with. Among its main properties are:
- Screen recording with microphone or system audio.
- It is also possible to record the screen and with the webcam simultaneously.
- You can record the screen in three modes: full screen, chrome tab, or app window.
- You can access preview and editing functions after screen recording.
- Record screen videos without downloading any software.
- You can record your screen video to MP4 file.
This is a fairly lightweight Windows-compatible screen recorder that offers high-quality visual results. It stands out for its wide use in video game recording, making it very popular. Among other features it has, Bandicam has:
- This allows recording of the entire screen, as well as certain parts.
- It is compatible with games that rely on Vulkan, OpenGL, or DirectX graphics technology.
- Allows you to record in 4K UHD video quality with a capture capacity of 480 fps.
- You can record external devices such as webcams, video consoles, IPTV, tablets, smartphones and more.
- You can record game videos in 2D and 3D formats.
- It gives you the option to upload your videos directly to YouTube or Facebook.
This windows compatible screen recorder is a widely used alternative nowadays. The reason is that it is easy to use and offers excellent results. Among the properties it owns, Monosnap still has:
- Possibility of taking full screen, segment or window screenshots.
- It has quick accessibility with keyboard commands.
- It lets you record a GIF or video.
- You can hide data through a tool called Blur.
- You can annotate, insert titles, and edit.
- Once the video is created, you can save it on your PC, upload it to Monosnap Cloud Storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, and other storage services and integrations.
- It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
FlexClip is a free screen recording application with which you can also edit videos. This allows you to record webinars and games and create video tutorials. Its user interface is very friendly and easy to assimilate. Among other things, this application allows you to:
- Select an app window, capture the entire screen, or even grab a chrome tab.
- You can also record microphone and system audio while recording your screen.
- You have the option to specify the quality of the output video.
- It also supports screen recording with the superimposed webcam.
- You can annotate by adding text, arrows, and shapes to a recording or screenshot.
- You can share the video on YouTube, Google Drive, or Dropbox when you’re done recording your screen.
However, the tools that the PC operating system brings by default for recording are not enough. Therefore, external software has various tools and features which adapt to what you want to do.
To choose the right one, it is best to determine the activity we will do and install the most suitable screen recording application. This way, you will choose the best app for screen recording in Windows.