Hi, everyone! I hope, you all are doing well and safe in this pandemic. Today we are going to discuss a new technology that is known as Appian in the IT industry. There are mainly three terms Appian Technology, Appian Designer, and Appian Developer, we are going to know about these in this article today.
We will cover the following topics here:
- What is Appian Technology, Appian Designer, and Appian Developer?
- What is Low-code development?
- What is the Record, Process, interface, and Site in Appian?
- Purposes and goals of an app in Appian
- Components of Application Planning in Appian
- Stages of building an application using Appian
- How to build an application using Appian?
What is Appian?
Appian is a new technology in the software industry and a low-code platform that enables customers to automate the most important aspects of their business.
Appian has complete automation capabilities. Low-code enables building the applications rapidly, building once, and run-deploy anywhere. Appian is highly scalable and secure.
The data used by Appian can originate from virtually anywhere.
Appian helps organizations to build applications and workflows rapidly, with a low-code platform.
What is Low-code development?
A low-code development platform provides a software development environment to build or create application software through the GUI (Graphical User Interface) instead of traditional style like writing the code thousands of numbers of lines code to develop an application.
We can create the application using drag and drop the controls like buttons, forms, text boxes, checkboxes, etc.
Important points about Appian:
- Customers rely on Appian to build new applications, extent current systems, and connect, unify, and enhance existing applications.
- Appian customers around the world are transforming their businesses through automation.
Important terms in Appian:
- Record: A single, actionable view of relevant data on a topic
- Process: A set of steps used for tasks management or system integration
- Interface: An object used to collect, display, or modify data
- Site: An integrated view of data, reports, and tasks and actions, organized into pages.
Purpose and goals of an application in Appian:
There are mainly three purposes and goals of an application in Appian technology.
- To define the application’s scope
- To obtain consensus from stakeholders
- To help validate the completed application’s success
Key components of Application planning in Appian:
There are five most important key components of application planning in Appian.
- Data points
- Process models
Stages of Building an Application in Appian
In every technology, there must be some basic and important stages of building an application. In real life also it works, like building a house, we must do the Prepare the construction site, pour a foundation, build the frame, incorporate utilities, and in the last add design finishes. A similar workflow we must follow in application building, and these are knowns as stages of building an application.
In Appian, there are the following 5 stages of building an application:
- Preparation (Apps, Groups, and Folders):
Preparation is the first stage of building an application in Appian. During the preparation stage, we will create the App itself, Groups, and Folders.
- Foundation (CDTs, Data Store, Rule Object):
Foundation is the second stage of building an application in Appian. In this stage, we will create the objects responsible for handling our data. In Appian, this will be Custom Data Types (CDTs) and a data store. We will also create the rule objects and expression rules which are required by our application depending on application requirements.
- Framing (Interfaces):
Framing is the third stage of the application building process. During this stage, we will create the interfaces for the user interface for our application. Interfaces are the most important things in our application, this is what end user will see and how the application look alike.
- Utilities (Process Models):
Utilities, the fourth stage of the process of building an application. In this stage, we will create the process models, a key design object that will help us bring our interfaces and business processes alive.
- Finishing (Records, Reports, and Sites):
Finishing is the last stage of building an application process. In this stage, we will apply the finishing touches for our application like designing its records, reports, and sites.
We hope that now you have basic knowledge of Appian. We will discuss How to build an application using Appian in the next article. I will keep posted and update this blog if any modification is required.
Thank you for giving your valuable time and do the comments if you have any queries related to Appian.
!😊 Welcome To Appian 😊!