While traveling, it can happen to anyone when you need to make changes to your flight ticket due to some unexpected circumstances. In that situation, you must know the rules and United flight change policy to take the next step. This policy enables passengers to change flights through the internet and offline modes. Plus, There are two ways to modify their plane ticket online; the first is through the United Airlines official website or the second via an app.
Sometimes such situations also come when in a hurry, we misspell our name on a flight ticket. In that case, the United name change policy helps us to modify our name easily.
However, the alteration must be considered minor to adhere to United Airlines policy on name changes. You must double-check that any government-issued identification or passport matches your name after modifying it.
If you ever find yourself in a circumstance where you need to update your name and change your flight, read this blog for a detailed description of how to do so in accordance with United Airlines policies.
United Flights Change Policy – Basic Guidelines Before Modifying
The flight change policy of United Airlines is rather simple going, provided that you purchased your ticket directly from the airline. There are certain key factors to make:
- All flight tickets can be changed within 24 hours of purchase without a fee.
- No United flight change fee will be enforced if your journey includes travel within the US and canada.
- You can cancel the basic economy fare and exchange a flight for travel credit.
- The travel credit expires within 1 year.
- If you pay the difference in price each time, you can change your United flight as many times as you’d like.
- There is no modification fee if you travel on an award ticket for an economy or premium economy flight.
- The United airline change fees apply to group flights purchased via the Airlines group desk.
Modify your Flight Online With the United Flight Change Policy
With an ultra-low-cost model, United Airlines is the most stringent airline. The cheapest way to change your booking is to do it online, and by approaching the below steps, you can easily start the United flight change policy process.
- First, visit the official United website, and click the “my trips” option.
- After clicking on it, you will get the flight change option. Then, tap the “edit” option on the change flight tab.
- On the next page, you can change the destination or date of your flight. Also, you can add or remove a flight.
- Click the “Continue” button and select the “confirm” tab after reserving your latest flight.
Rules and guidelines for United Airlines Name Change Process
You cannot entirely change your name on the flight ticket; you just only change the misspelled letter if you meet the conditions listed below:
- Modifications to the passenger name can only be built if United airlines operate the flight.
- You can only modify the name for the journey segment flown by United Airlines if you purchased the ticket using a code share.
- In addition, United Airlines allow you to reissue your flight ticket at no extra cost after making the appropriate changes to your passenger name.
- The flight date, time, or fare classes cannot be changed in accordance with United’s name-change policy.
- You will need to pay the United name change fee depending on your ticket type.
- If the passenger booked their flight incorrectly, they would be permitted to make a modest change to their date of birth.
Steps to Alter Your Name’s Spelling on Your United Flight Ticket.
No matter how minor or significant, any name changes made to a United flight ticket through the website are considered corrections. But these changes do not need supporting documents and are easy to implement. All you have to do is:
- First, visit the United Airlines website.
- Then, click the “my trips” tab.
- After that, enter your last name and confirmation number to proceed.
- Next, tap the search bar, and from the new list, tap on your pre-booked flight.
- Tap the “edit” button and fix your spelling error.
- Click on the continue button to submit your correction.
- After that, a United name change fee will be levied.
If you are one of those travelers who chose United Airlines but entered the wrong name, you may quickly amend your name on your flight ticket by following the steps described above. Also, if you need to change your travel date or destination, the United flight change policy process in this post will walk you through the instructions for doing so on the United Airlines website.
Now, hope you will find the perfect solution to your travel-related problems. But if you are still getting in trouble, visit the Flying Rules website to see each of United Airlines policy’s essential information or contact their support team at +1-800-865-1848 for any queries.