Jaisalmer Fort is placed in the impressive metropolis of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. Set on the Trikuta Hill inside the midst of the tremendous Thar Desert, this castle is the epitome of electricity and symbolizes the electricity of the Rajput dynasty. Constructed way back in the twelfth century by the powerful Rawal Jaisal, this enforcing fort is famed to be considered one of the most important ever built.
Throughout history, this castle has been the middle of many vital changes and has repeatedly witnessed the siege of Muslim rulers. Even though throughout the rule of thumb of the British, the eminence of the place briefly diminished, it came lower back to prominence due to its geographical putting.
Locally called the ‘Sonar Quila’ and popularly nicknamed the ‘Golden Fort’ due to the golden air of secrecy that appears to engulf the castle throughout each sunset, this fort is one of the most famous tourist spots of Rajasthan.
- Carry hats, sun shades and do drink masses of water to combat the heat.
- The fortress is a mini-metropolis in itself and calls for lots of on foot round to discover the multitude of shops and eateries around.
- Allocate time to go searching as there is lots to absorb and is better completed whilst now not in haste.
Things to do
- Visit the elaborate and calm Laxminath and Jain temples for some serenity.
- Walk to the top of the hill and appearance down on the mesmerizing view of the surrounding locality.
- Roam through the zigzagging alleys and discover each corner and nook within the Fort.
- Lay back and look at the converting hue of the castle at exceptional times of the day.
- Try out the ethnic, neighborhood cuisines from the plethora of eateries at Dussehra Chowk.
Best Time to Visit
This majestic shape is located proper within the center of the desert and so, the exceptional time to visit might be during the less warm months of October to March as a way to keep away from the sizzling heat. The evenings are distinctly cooler and are precise to sightsee.
How to Reach
As it’s miles a high traveler spot, there are numerous vehicles and Taxi service in Jaisalmer available from all the primary places just like the Railway Station. It is positioned in the Manak Chowk on Fort Road. A stroll at the hillside is how the fort is reached.
Interesting Facts and Trivia about the Jaisalmer Fort
- It is the second-largest fortress in Rajasthan and is positioned at an altitude of about 250 meters on top of a hill.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its distinguished structure and the significance it had all through the route of records.
- The shape is a fortification along with 3 layers, with the outermost being made completely out of stone because it was the first layer of protection towards enemies.
- It has a complete of 99 bastions with nearly 93 of them being built at a later point in records at round 1638 AD.
- A novel, Sonar Kella, and a consecutive movie changed into made with this place as the top spot by means of the renowned novelist Satyajit Ray. This brought about the spread of the repute of this website online.
- Alauddin Khilji attacked the Fort and won control over it for a length of just about nine years.
- It has a mix of each the Rajput and Mughal fashion of structure.
- This fortress may be accessed by way of the four entrances with certainly one of them having cannons in front of them.
- An tricky drainage gadget called the ‘Ghut Nali’ turned into designed for allowing proper disposal of drainage from the Fort area.
- Kuldhara Village
- Bada Bagh
- Patwon Ki Haveli
- Government Museum