Katra serves as the takeoff and landing location for helicopter rides. You will be dropped off at the Sanjichhat helipad when you arrive by Helicopter Booking Vaishno Devi Bhavan, the major temple, is situated around two kilometers away from the helipad.
Guidelines and Requirements for Online Bookings
- An ERS, also known as an electronic reservation slip, is required in order to use facilities that have been reserved online. During your stay at the shrine, you need to make sure that the slip is filled out in the correct format, that you take a printout of it, and that you have it on you at all times.
- Before they are allowed to enter the holiest of holies, pilgrims are required to thoroughly clean their hands and feet.
- It is forbidden to get into contact with the idols.
- No blanket or linen will be given.
- In a given calendar month, a user may reserve a maximum of five seats on a helicopter using either their debit or credit card. Therefore, adjust your plans appropriately.
- Be sure to bring along a picture identification card, a proof of residence, and the debit or credit card that was used to make the reservation (in original). An accepted form of identification and address verification includes a passport, driver’s licence, voter identification card, permanent account number card, or credit card with a photo. It is important to keep in mind that while making offline reservations, a valid form of identification is necessary not only for the person buying the tickets but also for every traveller.
- You are also need to bring documentary evidence of travel, such as a ticket for a bus, rail, or aeroplane.
- After completing your reservation online, go to the Devotee Zone and check on the current status of your transaction. Its use is only permissible when the status of the transaction is indicated to be Successful. If money is taken out of your bank account, but the transaction status shows that it was failed, then the booking is not genuine, and there will be no seats assigned to you on the Helicopter Booking in this scenario. In this circumstance, you will need to make new reservations. In the event that you are unable to keep your reservation, any sum that you were charged will be returned to you.
- Make sure that you get at the helipad at least one hour before the flight is scheduled to take off. In such case, your purchase can be counted as a “No-Show,” in which case you won’t get a refund.
The Vaishno Devi Temple or Mandir
As a Shaktipeeth, Vaishno Devi has the immense spiritual power necessary to protect the goddess in her glorious form. This ability is what gives the mountain its name. Maa Vaishno Devi was an avatar of Lord Vishnu when she was born into a household in South India. Her name at birth was Vaishnavi. She ran away from home at a very young age in order to meditate and discover her spirituality.
This is when she had a fortuitous encounter with Lord Ram, who informed her that the time for her to become one with her creator has not yet arrived and that she must continue to concentrate until the Kaliyug epoch, during which Lord Ram would incarnate both as Kalki and merge with her to become a single entity.
During the time that she was meditating, Bhairon Nath made an effort to divert her attention and convince her to marry him. After being harassed again and over, the goddess finally gave up and severed his head before dispatching him. Bhairav Ghati is the name given to the location where his head hit the ground.
Before he passed away, he was eventually pardoned by the Goddess, and in return, she bestowed upon him the blessing that followers would be required to seek out Bhairon’s darshan after having their eyes opened by the Goddess.
After this, the Goddess decided to meditate by taking the shape of a rock, and this particular rock, which is 5.5 feet tall and has three heads, is the primary shrine that is visited by pilgrims during the whole year. Since the Goddess observed the Navratra to pray for Lord Ram’s triumph over Ravan and was blessed by him to be respected by everyone, the Navratris are regarded as the most auspicious time to visit. This is because the Goddess followed the Navratra.
Vaishno Devi Trek
The hiking track, although being somewhat lengthy, is not particularly difficult. The hiking trail is well-maintained and provides shade for the most majority of its length. It is stated that the first six kilometres are the steepest, and there are a lot of people walking and riding horses on the path. The last five kilometres of the journey to the Bhawan are much easier to navigate since there are distinct pathways for humans and horses to use.
You won’t need to worry about carrying a heavy burden of eating supplies since there are places along the trail where you can buy food and drink, allowing you to avoid dehydration and maintain your energy level while hiking. Along the route, there are also comfortable restrooms that are conveniently positioned.
It is important to bear in mind that the trek is not difficult, but the ascent is strenuous. After the climb, it is not unusual to have exhaustion, swelling legs, and cramps throughout the body. It does clear up after a day or two, and the clean air is sufficiently energising that it will allow you to take pleasure in Mata’s darshan without experiencing any feelings of exhaustion.